Samford District Historical Museum Society Incorporated
Admission Costs and Entry Information
07 3289 2743
Connect with Samford District Historical Museum Society Incorporated on:
The Samford District Historical Museum boasts a comprehensive collection of buildings of local significance and purpose built replicas. There's also an Aboriginal kippa-making ceremony diorama as well as displays featuring local rural industries, horse-drawn transport, Ferny Grove to Dayboro railway (1918 to 1955), education and domestic life.
Groups, by prior arrangement, can be entertained with demonstrations of old-time working with timber skills, blacksmithing, olden day school and more.
Researchers will be amazed at the reference collection of photographs, published local history books, newspaper cuttings, historical maps and other files covering Samford district's growth and changes since the mid 1850s to current times. The rustic and rural buildings also provide ideal settings for wedding photos.
Children are welcome.
Facilities contain paved paths plus a ramp to the main building. Most buildings are accessible via wheel chair and toilet facilities are available.
Yes. No dogs, except Guide Dogs are allowed into the Museum precinct .
Australia Day, Anzac Day and Queensland Day are marked by special events; contact Museum closer to dates for details. A local history and Samford districts family history reference collection may be researched during open hours. Published historical books on Samford and Pine Rivers Shire are on sale. Samford District Historical Museum Society Incorporated, formed in 1984, has been collecting, recording and displaying Samford's history in Samford Museum since May 1986. The Samford District Historical Museum is operated entirely by volunteers.
How To Get There:
In Brisbane's north-west, follow Samford Road to Samford, turn into Main Street then into Station Street which is opposite Samford Valley Hotel. The Museum is at the rear of John N Scott Park which can be accessed from Main or Station Streets. From Brendale and Albany Creek areas in Pine Rivers Shire use South Pine Road to Eatons Crossing Road to Mount Samson Road and follow the signs to Samford. Then when entering the village turn right into Station Street which is opposite Samford Valley Hotel.
||01 Sep 12
30 Jun 13
||Groups with additional demonstrations will be charged AUD6.00.
||01 Sep 12
30 Jun 13
Map Legend / Show on Map
These icons indicate multiple items in the same area. Click icon to zoom in for more detail.
up to 10 items
10 - 100 items
100 + items
Queensland 4520 Australia
* Please note: These rates are indicative based on the minimum and maximum available costs of listed products and services. To obtain a firm price from the provider, please use the
contact the operator
. All prices are quoted in Australian dollars.