Queensland Holidays - The Official Tourism Site for Queensland

The facade of Stupart's building in Bazaar Street Maryborough.
Former Stupart's building.
Map of Former Stuparts Building
200 Bazaar Street
Maryborough
Queensland 4650 Australia

Former Stuparts Building
Maryborough, Fraser Coast Area

Free Entry

07 4190 5742
1800 214 789
tourismMB@frasercoast.qld.gov.au
www.visitmaryborough.info

Description

Featured on Maryborough's Walk and Drive Tour - Mr Stupart purchased his first business in Maryborough in 1871, unfortunately he lost it all in the 1876 fire. He soon rebuilt the two-storey Criterion building, Former Stuparts Building, facing Kent Street (est 1871 on facade). Then the two-storey block on the Bazaar Street corner was completed in 1883 which he called The Drapery Palace. The business expanded along Bazaar Street in 1914 and a third storey was added to this extension in 1920. The firm of David Jones traded here in 1977 until 1981.

Property Details

Facilities

  • Car park
    Car park

Open Times

Note: Former Stupart's Building is available for viewing at all times.

Other Information

Children:
Contact operator for further details on child suitability.

Disabled:
Contact operator for further details on access for guests with a disability.


Free Entry


* Please note: These rates are indicative based on the minimum and maximum available costs of listed products and services. To obtain a firm price from the provider, please use the contact the operator. All prices are quoted in Australian dollars.

QueenslandHolidays.com.au