Queensland Holidays - The Official Tourism Site for Queensland

Original Maryborough Town Site Entrance.
Map of Original Maryborough Town Site
Aldridge Street
Maryborough
Queensland 4650 Australia

Original Maryborough Town Site
Maryborough, Fraser Coast Area

Free Entry

07 4190 5742
1800 214 789
tourismMB@frasercoast.qld.gov.au
www.visitmaryborough.info

Description

Pioneer graves help to create a sense of history when visiting the Original Maryborough site, known as the Wide Bay Village, it was first settled by Aldridge and the Palmer Brothers in 1848, although George Furber had set up a store and wharf on the opposite bank a year earlier. It was largely abandoned by the mid 1850s in favour of the deeper port downstream, the city's current location. The town was renamed Maryborough in January 1849 after the death of the Governor's wife, Lady Mary Fitzroy.

... more

Located on the banks of the Mary River, about four kilometres from the city centre, the 30 hectare site has interpretive signage, walkways and trails along the creek frontage, pioneer graves, picnic tables, barbecue facilities and toilets.

... less

Property Details

Facilities

  • BBQ Facilities
    BBQ Facilities
  • Car park
    Car park
  • Picnic Area
    Picnic Area
  • Public toilet
    Public toilet

Activities

  • Walking
    Walking

Open Times

Note: The Original Maryborough Townsite is available at all times.

Other Information

Children:
Children are welcome. There is a wide area of walking trails and open area for kids to run and play.


Free Entry


* Please note: These rates are indicative based on the minimum and maximum available costs of listed products and services. To obtain a firm price from the provider, please use the contact the operator. All prices are quoted in Australian dollars.

QueenslandHolidays.com.au