The Cloncurry War Memorial is located at the intersection of Sheaff and Scarr streets. The memorial originally included four clocks - one on each side of the pedestal. These have been replaced with metal circles paying tribute to the RAAF, Navy, Army and Nursing services. The memorial was installed by the Returned Sailors Soldiers Imperial League of Australia.... more
His Excellency the Governor General, Lord Stonehaven, unveiled the memorial on 26 August 1927. He was returning from a short holiday in Normanton where he was engaged in bird watching, duck shooting and fishing, taking advantage of the new QANTAS airline trips to the gulf.
Later that year, the memorial clock was handed over to the council to ensure its ongoing maintenance.
In 1939 the Cloncurry Shire Council built a new War Memorial Hall, further along Scarr Street. From that time on, ANZAC commemorations were able to proceed to the hall for refreshments.... less
* Please note: These rates are indicative based on the minimum and maximum available costs of listed products and services. To obtain a firm price from the provider, please use the contact the operator . All prices are quoted in Australian dollars.