Pioneer Park is located on the western side of Sandy Creek and beside Drayton Street, and was once called Nanango Park when it was first developed in 1919. This reserve between the Primary School and the Railway Station was used as a memorial to the soldiers of the First World War.... more
Camphor Laurel and Pepperina Trees were planted on the eastern side of the creek and assigned to the school to care for them. Due to lack of public interest, this reserve was returned to its original state when the fences and trees were broken down and cattle were allowed to graze on the land.
Pioneer Park came into being in 1978 when Joe Anderson became deeply involved with the concept. It wasn't until 1982 when the Nanango Rural Youth Club installed picnic tables and a barbecue. Development continued over the years. However, the old curved railway bridge across Sandy Creek and railway station still remain to remind us of what once used to be.... less
* Please note: These rates are indicative based on the minimum and maximum available costs of listed products and services. To obtain a firm price from the provider, please use the contact the operator . All prices are quoted in Australian dollars.