Amazing things to see & do
Untouched beaches, coral reefs so big they can be seen from space and an 800,000 year-old rainforest defying the laws of nature by growing out of the sands of Fraser Island. You’ll love exploring the Fraser Coast as much as Harvey does. The Fraser Coast’s activities are only eclipsed by their location. Here’s a snapshot.
- Some of the best coastal and estuary fishing in Australia
- 4-wheel driving the beaches of Fraser Island
- Diving visibility ranging up to 40 metres on Lady Elliot Island, a coral cay on the southern tip of the Great Barrier Reef
- Cruising the Great Sandy Strait waterways, mangroves and seagrass pastures
- Water sports, all kinds
- Coastal fishing villages and historic inland towns
- Restaurants, cafes and pubs just metres from the water
- Museums, markets and a thriving local community
Certain information on this website has been provided by independent persons and is provided to you on the basis that you will use your own skill and judgement and make your own enquiries to independently verify the information’s correctness and completeness. Tourism Queensland makes no warranty as to the correctness, completeness or suitability of purpose of the information.
In no event will Tourism Queensland be liable to any person in contract, tort or otherwise if any information on the website is incomplete, inaccurate or not suitable for the purpose you use the information for.