24 hours per day
Self drive by special arrangement (allow three hours if departing from Cairns or Port Douglas).
Minimum age 15 years. Child aged 15 years and above charged at adult rate
Sole use will allow children under 15 years.
A deposit of 25 per cent of the total accommodation held is due at time of booking. The balance of accommodation held is due 7 days prior to arrival.
If accommodation booking is cancelled between 90 and 8 days prior to arrival, a 25 per cent cancel fee applies.
If accommodation booking is cancelled less than 7 days prior to arrival, a 100 per cent cancel fee applies.
Be as active as you feel like or just relax poolside. Your host will help you choose your day's adventures
* visit the classic old Crystalbrook Station homestead and cattle yards- still the working hub of the property for afternoon tea on the verandah
* take an electric boat or kayak to explore the lake - full of fish and wildlife
* wander along bush trails for a nature walk - birdwatchers will love the profusion of water birds as well as sightings of kangaroos, goannas and maybe a herd of wild brumbies
* heli fishing at river fishing sites where Barramundi are big but shy, and a thrill to catch
* an expedition by helicopter into Chillagoe- one of the most diverse geological areas in the world- to see the extraordinary Mungana Rock Art, limestone caves followed by lunch at the quintessentially Aussie pub
* Take a picnic lunch riverside by the Tate River ... or just relax by the Magna wet edge pool - rich in health giving magnesium salts.
By evening, enjoy the Theatre Room where you can view the day's photos over a glass of wine, watch a movie or documentary or just relax in the lounge. Better still, thrill yourself outside watching falling stars under one of the clearest evening skies in the world. You can communicate with the outside world with phone and internet- but only if you want to! Powered primarily by hydro and solar, the lodge is self sufficient in water and electricity for normal 240v for amenities such as air conditioning, hair dryer, icemaker and guest bar.
Fresh local produce served with elegant simplicity.
Outdoor dining overlooking the lake is a highlight; simply prepared and seasonally available fruit and vegetables from the Atherton Tablelands feature on the menu along with Grass-fed Eye Fillet and Wild Barramundi. Help yourself to the guest bar, fully stocked with excellent wines, beers, spirits and a range of waters and non-alcoholic drinks. The guest Nespresso and Tea bar is available 24 hours a day.
How To Get There:
Transfers from Cairns or Port Douglas are recommended by either fixed wing aircraft or helicopter (40 minute travel time each way). Self drive by special arrangement (allow three hours if departing from Cairns or Port Douglas). Please contact the Lodge for full details.
Three night package with transfers - AUD3,300 per person (twin/double share) for three nights accommodation including flight departing Cairns to Crystalbrook Airstrip or helicopter departing Port Douglas. Inclusive of all meals and beverages, lake activities and Crystalbrook Station and Homestead visit. Heli fishing and heli touring, four wheel drive touring and fishing guide by arrangement at extra charge.
Providing your own transfers, two night minimum stay - AUD900 per person (twin/double share) per night.
Crystalbrook Lodge is in remote outback bush 180 kilometres west of Cairns and is part of the 85,000 acre Crystalbrook Station. Days are typically warm with crystal clear blue skies and the evenings cool with spectacular outback sunsets fading into brilliant starry nights where the Southern Cross and the Milky Way light the sky. The Green Season is December to March. Cooler months, April to November.