Queenslandholidays.com.au is the official visitor site for Tourism and Events Queensland. Our goal is to deliver the best visitor experience, and provide the most helpful information on Queensland destinations, experiences, accommodation and cultural events.
Really, that’s us in a nutshell, but here’s a bit more about us for those who are after a little more information...
The "boring corporate information" stuff:
Tourism and Events Queensland (TEQ) is the Queensland Government’s lead marketing, experience development and major events agency, representing the state’s tourism and events industries.
TEQ operates on a national and international level, looking at new and innovative ways to make the most out of emerging opportunities which benefit the Queensland tourism industry and economy.
This TEQ corporate website features a wealth of tourism news, research and information, making it a central point for tourism operators and anyone interested in the business of tourism.
If you'd like to learn more about Tourism and Events Queensland, visit our corporate site.
The "important and fun" stuff:
Queensland Holidays is here to show you everything that Queensland has to offer... and hopefully inspire you to visit! Browse our site to find up-to-date information on all things Queensland, like where to stay, what to see, when to go and what to do. On our site we list contact information for all the events, accommodation, attractions and tour operators that you'll need to plan your trip. And we package it all with pretty pictures and funky videos to keep you entertained!
The "blowing our own horn" stuff:
The Queensland Holidays website, along with Tourism and Events Queensland has picked up awards for our special campaigns like Where Else But Queensland and Best Job in the World. These accolades reflect our commitment to outstanding service and delivering a high quality visitor experience.
We thought we'd share a few highlights from these awards (listing all 100+ of them is probably a bit much) with you and would like to say thank you for your ongoing feedback and support.
- Tourism Queensland voted Best Tourist Office five years in a row (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012) by more than 3000 industry members of Australian Federation of Travel Agents at the NTIA 'National Travel Industry Awards'. Now inducted into the NTIA Hall of Fame.
- 2011 - Queensland's Islands of the Great Barrier Reef were voted amongst the world's top island destinations by more than three million readers of high-end US magazine Travel + Leisure.
- June 2010 - Best Job in the World won two coveted Black Pencils and two Yellow Pencils at the D&AD Awards in London. This is the first time Black Pencils have ever been won by an Australian campaign.
- October 2009 - Online advertising magazine Creativity listed Tourism Queensland an equal 7th with Mars Confectionary in its Top 10 advertising brands for the year. Queensland was the only destination brand awarded, falling behind Coca-Cola, Nike, Volkswagen, Burger King, Ikea and Unilever.
- June 2009 - Best Job in the World won eight Cannes Lions International Advertising Festival Awards in Cannes, France (5 Gold and 3 Grand Prix).
Still want to know more? Then please don't hesitate to get in touch... just visit our "Contact Us" page for more details.